Discuss co2 readings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Hi all, what is the importance of the co2 reading? If the gas working / burner pressure and gas ratio and carbon monoxide figures are good according to MI.
If the co2 is out by 10 or 20% is this a performance issue or damaging to boiler or something else.

My understanding is that carbon dioxide is produced as a result of correct combustion and that manufacturers will advise as to the correct amounts of carbon dioxide to be produced as part of the combustion process

Yes its related to combustion of oxygen and a fuel. A d a measure of efficiency.
In a perfect pure world if we burnt a fuel with 100% oxygen. We would get 100% carbon dioxide produced.

As it is. Fuels arent pure and oxygen is only 20.9% of the atmosphere - however it is a constant and doesn't change so from that they can derive carbon dioxide ranges and if its out of their spec then there is a combustion isssue

I would if i hid in the back of my van in my reinforced tool chest !!!

Burning 1 volume of gas with 2 volumes of oxygen produces products of combustion, the co2 produced is approx 15%, by adding excess air through forced draught simply dilutes the sample to drop it to the required MI % I.e. 8.8% etc. increased air = less co2 in the sample, the actual % doesn't change unless you start removing air beyond what is required for complete combustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to co2 readings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock