Discuss co poisening from unburnt wood in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Due to the enclosed nature of these hoppers/tanks/rooms, the atmosphere inside can become oxygen depleted and a toxic atmosphere containing carbon monoxide can accumulate. The chemical reactions responsible for carbon monoxide production from wood pellets are assumed to be an auto-oxidation process, especially oxidation of the fatty acids to be found in wood..."
More at HSE

iron ore in a ships hold does the same, just removes o2 fm the air, killing inept crewmen that go in, followed by their mates trying to rescue them. We had to deal with the aftermath in 86 when a freighter put out a mayday nearby and we put out own guys in breathing apparatus to recover 3 bodies, if the had vented the hold for 20 mins it wouldnt have happened!

i heard a story of a co fatality from a over heating electric heater the old type with cast iron blocks to hold the heat the overheat had been bridged and the main stat failed closed and heated the iron to above a certain temp where iron starts to give of co

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to co poisening from unburnt wood in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, Looking at the manual for a lanordica Exflame costanza pellet boiler, it is designed for a 'closed' system - presumably them mean...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is currently heated via FHW via an oil-fired boiler. Hot water is also provided by the boiler (via a...
Replies
Views
I'm an end user with limited knowledge of plumbing and just trying to get an understanding of options available to me. We currently have a...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock