Discuss Closed loop pressure increasing in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Shifters

Just wondering if anyone has even seen an issue with the pressure gradually increasing on a closed loop system where there is no fill loop attached. I'm seeing this issue on a gshp and whats more unusual is its on the cooling side. If it was on the heating side you could put it down to expansion but this water/glycol is gradually cooling but the pressure steadily increases over over a couple of hours from 1 bar to 3 bar before it eventually triggers the safety valve. I've never seen a system gradually increase like this. Has anyone ever had a similar experience?

Hi, no theres no heat exchanger leaking its been pressure tested and nothing connected except a ufh circuit.
I'm completely baffled by it.

Reply to Closed loop pressure increasing in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 838. The issue i have is after the heating is switched on and then left it to cool over night i see...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views
System Oil boiler has been loosing water through the pressure release valve so when system is cold the guage is showing pressure is too low and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock