Discuss Clicking pipes driving me nuts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Weez

Hi, I would greatly appreciate if you identify what is wrong - my hot and cold taps seem to be running fine but I am getting a regular tapping sound from the vicinity of the hoses attached to the dishwasher and when I hear the tap the hose pipes shake a little. Occasionally I feel there is more of a tapping sound near the gas combi boiler which is located at at the other side of the kitchen. I've used a good drain cleaner down each of the plug holes in the house and I had a quick glance down the external drain and it looked fine.

:welcome2:Weez.

I would guess that the your pipework isn't securely clipped and the tapping is either copper or plastic tube vibrating against the wall or something when water is passing through it.

Just have a look around and see if you can identify where the pipes are tight up against anything, you may be able to diagnose the problem.

If its pipes inadequately supported and rattling about as the previous poster says, you require more pipe brackets or the pipes will bounce about like piano strings.

If it's a clicking noise as the pipes heat up, they are probably running through timbers where the holes are too tight. About the only thing you can do other than taking out the pipe and widening the hole is to melt some candle wax over the pipe and hole to act as a lubricant.

Many thanks for your responses. I've had another look and it is both the dishwasher and washing machine feeder hoses that are moving. You get the first tapping sound and then you can hear a faint noise like air coming through pipework which lasts about 2/3 seconds then you get the second tap. The hoses move every time you hear the tapping sound. When I say tap it's a cross between a clunk and a creak! Could it be an airlock / faulty valve on one of the appliances - but would that affect the hose pipe of the other appliance too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Clicking pipes driving me nuts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, the water in my bathtub has been draining really slowly recently. I investigated it today and there was a large build up of gunk right under...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock