Discuss Cistern with holes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Went to a leaking Saniflo today and found the leak from was from the concealed cistern above, local plumber had recently fitted new side entry valve and the water was spraying out sideways rather than going downwards but I noticed the cistern has two 40mm holes in the front face hence the leak so my question is whats that all about?

Is it an old cistern?
one is probably for a paddle style handle and the other is a spare incase you want the handle on the other side? Normally filled with a plug with the makers name one.

It was White with 2 screws holding the lid on and yes it was an old one, your thinking on the flush handle would work for one hole but they were both at one end. I told him to get the plumber back for a new cistern but it left me puzzled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cistern with holes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
I've just had a Bathrooms tonlove sandro rimless toilet installed as part of a bathroom refurb. Unfortunately the flush doesn't reach the front of...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, It may be coincidence but not long after getting oil fired central heating fitted to older ex-council property (fireplace and necessary...
Replies
Views
SaintSinner
S
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock