Discuss cis or paye in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Hansell

Finally managed to get on site as plumbers mate.the agency im working for doesnt directly pay my wagethey use an umbrella company.They have asked me whether i want to go as paye or cis can anyone tell me which is better?

I'd go PAYE as employees have more working rights than the self employed and it's harder to sack you. Steady wage is a big bonus too.

For an apprentice go paye all the way!!

As long as you pay your taxes I couldn't care!! (I'm sure you do, by the way!!!)

If you have an accountant it's something they would probably be able to answer as they know your circumstances. If you decide on the self employment route (if you're allowed) you'll need an accountant or risk giving too much tax to HMRC. If you decide on PAYE you'll pay more tax on your income but won't need to spend hours with HMRC or pay an accountant. With self employment you can set off many expenses against your income and, thus, lower your tax liability.

The taxman likes many sources of income for self employment (ie several customers) otherwise they treat you as an employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cis or paye in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, So something may be slightly different to the usual posts and looking for some advise or whether anyone has been in a similar predicament...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I'm back! It's been a year since my original post and I still haven't managed to resolve the mysterious water usage in my home...
Replies
Views
MrsL6795
M
Back