Discuss Circular window vent for back boiler fire 100cm2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bob99

Cant seem to get one any where, Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx

have you tried contacting a window co, is there a reason why ity cant go through a wall?

We used to get the local glazier to supply and fit them but i've never seen one being fitted for a long time now and i'm not sure if the can be done in sealed units.

We used to get the local glazier to supply and fit them but i've never seen one being fitted for a long time now and i'm not sure if the can be done in sealed units.

we used to use a guy in the east end of glasgow to do them in the windows for us, he used to come out cut the glass in situ and fit the vent, when doing double glazed units he used to take the unit out to cut seal the edge and fit the vent so they are available for double glazed units, cant remember where he got them could have been Grahams Plumbers Merchants, am i making it up or have i seen them in BES catalogue?

Just checked the BES catalogue.
None in there that I could see, a few circular but all for through wall and not window.

Not sure if I would want an air vent at window height anyway must be a bit drafty?

Plenty of others though eg. soffit, underfloor etc

we used to use a guy in the east end of glasgow to do them in the windows for us, he used to come out cut the glass in situ and fit the vent, when doing double glazed units he used to take the unit out to cut seal the edge and fit the vent so they are available for double glazed units, cant remember where he got them could have been Grahams Plumbers Merchants, am i making it up or have i seen them in BES catalogue?

Now you say that i can remember them taking the dg panes out to get them done.
It is quite clever how they do it. Like a compass with a sooker :lol:

Just checked the BES catalogue.
None in there that I could see, a few circular but all for through wall and not window.

Not sure if I would want an air vent at window height anyway must be a bit drafty?

Plenty of others though eg. soffit, underfloor etc

It is well draughty. I had one in my first flat neatly covered with selotape (don't do this at home folks it is very dangerous)

The ones at the bottom of the page are the very thing.
I see they now come with a stormguard to prevent draughts.
The old ones were just like a 5" hole in the glass where you could stand and dry your hair if the wife was using the socket!

yeah thats the one i tried to link to, cant see me ever using one though

They were common in the 70's and 80's before core drills were widely available.
There should not be much call for them now unless it is an access thing as a window vent can be fitted from inside.

Thanx guys, mike gas has answered my question, The back boiler is At Risk because it has a "vent a matic cord opperated fan! open/closable/undersized ventilation, going to remove it and fit a circular window vent in its place rather than a core vent. cheers

[DLMURL]https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001KLX6DG/ref=as_li_tf_til?tag=earnitonline-21&camp=1406&creative=6394&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B001KLX6DG&adid=14RMD8HREJSJ4T8NDM4X[/DLMURL]& here's a link for a ventamatic vent £25 on amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL]https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001KLX6DG/ref=as_li_tf_til?tag=earnitonline-21&camp=1406&creative=6394&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B001KLX6DG&adid=14RMD8HREJSJ4T8NDM4X[/DLMURL]& here's a link for a ventamatic vent £25 on amazon

This post was 18 months ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Circular window vent for back boiler fire 100cm2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock