Search the forum,

Discuss CIPHE, what do you think? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I went to the boy's brigade when I was a kid. I graduated to the company section, I'm hoping that qualifies me actually!

I'm a member of CIPHE, also an EngTech and I dont have my NVQ either, so its not a barrier.

Why do programs like cowboy builders not tell their audience to get a CIPHE plumber or heating engineer in to do work. to allow them piece of mind and a guarantee. Surely thats a better way of dealing with cowboy plumbers than tarnishing us all with the conman brush.

[h=2]The requirements taken from the website

Associate (ACIPHE)[/h]Holds NVQ Level 2 or City & Guilds Craft Certificate (circa. 1980) with appropriate practical experience (including 1 year post-NVQ experience) OR does not hold a formal qualification but has extensive practical experience supported by trade references and, where necessary, an inspection.

I've wondered that too!! Don't have a degree though. Does Grade V in Piano count and RSA Typing Grade I (with distinction?)

I received an invite of ciphe after gaining my oftec, I'll have to dig it out and have a look, off the top of my head I think it was £64.

I'm with the Scottish version SNIPEF and showing my card to customers gives that wee bit extra reasurrance to them that I'm a properly qualified plumber.
One thing though, to be registered with online trade bodies like Job Sorted .com etc they won't recognise my SNIPEF only the English version CIPHE which is not right!

SNIPEF are a plumbing employers federation, more like a trade body its slightly different than CIPHE which can award EngTech and IEng status through the Engineering Council.

I didnt go for SNIPEF because I'm not an employer, so I went for CIPHE, so I've now got MCIPHE RP RHP(member CIPHE, registerd Plumber, Registered Heating Professional) after my name, and awaiting confirmation on my EngTech aswell !

I am thinking of going on to studying mechanical engineering, so hopefully the EngTech and HNC in Construction(not finished) will help me get onto a course !

Last edited:
Are you using your whole moniker now Gerry? Better get extra long business cards!

lol not quite decided yet, after all most people reading it would be like "WTF??":angry:

I'm also JIB registered and carry a card with my qualifications. I hate those sites like Job Sorted etc as they are a rip off advertising gimmick to get more tradesmen to sign up under the B&Q banner. Any jobs I've seen posted there anyway have ridiculously low prices asked to quote for like fitting a bathroom for £100 including tiling was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CIPHE, what do you think? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock