Search the forum,

Discuss Child proof programmer for crazy old woman ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

basildog

Ok I am after a programmer that Mother can turn on but not get at the controls ?
Old people are not nice to look at and serve no useful purpose but kind of feel sorry for the old girl but losing her marbles !
She keeps messing up programmer well and anything she touches !
Sad thing old age as it does not come alone !

Set it all up then hide it from her lol

Seriously though we have had this problem before, some people just can't help but fiddle with it.

We normally set up the heating on timed and show them the boost button

Leave hot water on continuos

Mark thermostat with a marker at the correct temp so if they move it up or down they can see where it should be

Set up the programmer up and mount it high or out of sight. Or change to a programable room stat you can lock with a boost button ? One must exist?

She would find it and fiddle !
She has dementia so it is a nightmare !

Put a dummy one on the wall :)
Or a wireless one not paired to anything :)

she got a combi?

just use a rf stat and reciever, do away with the programmer!

You can get metal covers with a lock on. Seen them in social housing where people have social issues so cant tamper with heating and cause issues with other occupants.

No timer in the box and for room stat they had it pre set with a frost stat cover over it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Child proof programmer for crazy old woman ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Love
Hi ladies and gents, Just thought I'd give you a laugh. As some of you are aware, I'm currently the owner of a newsagent's shop out in the sticks in Italy. Very long story, but I didn't want to close an 80-year old business if I didn't have to. It was never part of the plan and I intend to...
Replies
Views
My rented accommodation currently has no boiler control whatsoever: no timer or programmable unit. I need to control the heating at the boiler by either increasing or decreasing the flow temperature and turning it down low at night. I will be soon be fitting a smart control system (such as a...
Replies
Views
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and iambic pentameter: Vote for your favourite and here we go again Go vote, young man!
Replies
Views
Masood
M
M
Got asked to take a look at an old couple's heating system today (both in their late 70's). It's oil fired and was installed 45 years ago and has nothing but a mechanical time clock - no room stat, no TRV's. It has gravity hot water and pumped heating - the current boiler is about 6 years old...
Replies
Views
MattWeth
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock