Search the forum,

Discuss Checking free standing cookers with FGA in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Good day to you fellers. I am trying to look for some info online on how to test free standing cookers with my kane asp2 kit. I can't seem to find any guidance on this?

When you test the appliance, do you Test them all seperately? How do you test the hobs? Grill, and oven. On a cooker with the grill under the hob?

Any guidance documents on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

U got your fga course? Got all explained when i sat mine 3 years ago

I've got mine and my course notes but can't find any reference to where to analyse on a low level grill, I know high level is the oval probe over exhaust on top, I'd take a guess 25mm down and 25mm in on the low level?

Hobs, don't need analysing, they are the only gas appliance without a ratio available, assess flame picture only.

Oven ratio is 0.008,
CE marked grill is 0.010,
non CE marked is 0.020

i gues the correct answer to low level grills is to MI, good luck with that tho LOL. BS7967 part 2 may be helpful.

PM you mate?? I did my course last yr but we only did it on a boiler. Was more of an anton sales pitch really than learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Checking free standing cookers with FGA in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After around 18 months my business swayed more towards bathroom installs and I got stuck doing them for years. Now I'm fed up of them I re sat my exams, re...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock