Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Checking a central heating pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Hi guys, I was reading a book and it said if a central heating pumps bearings have warn out, when you remove the big screw in the middle then water will pour out?

I was thinking every time I've removed the screw in the middle water has always poured out?

whats the best way to check a pump is working properly?

The book is wrong. What issue of the Beano is it?

You can hear/feel worn bearings. If you put your scrotum on the top surface and your tongue pops out of the top of your head then there're worn.

You can hear/feel worn bearings. If you put your scrotum on the top surface and your tongue pops out of the top of your head then there're worn.

that is the secret scientific way don't be telling everyone

Remove end screw.
Jam big screwdriver in quickly and hold on tightly.

If you spin around quickly like a cartoon character then the pump is O.K
If you can stop the pump it's probably only a 15 -60

The water lubricates the bearings.

Jam big screwdriver in quickly and hold on tightly.

If you spin around quickly like a cartoon character then the pump is O.K
LOL at that

Pmsl - and don't forget the sudacream in case it's really worn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Checking a central heating pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock