Discuss Checkatrade what's people's thoughts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I can say with a high degree of certainty is that as the years go by, businesses (including small construction businesses like mine) that don't embrace the online world will increasingly be left behind and lose out on business.

Just the way the world is headed, less and less people talk to their neighbours etc now so word of mouth is increasingly online based.

Hi
My view, just another lot robbing the trades men,
In fact conning joe public, they don't check anything,

Just advertise your self, do a very good job, and as you progress with your business, all you previous customers will recommend you.

After a very short time , you will be very busy with no advertising!

I started on my bike, and now nice little contracts, and Ltd company.

You CAN do it.

Is it not? Should be on iPlayer I think? No?

Thought I might find something on YouTube but here's the nearest thing I could find from a CheckaTrade approved roofer lol

We all know they don't check your work or credentials they're literally just setup to profit from tradesmen.

I do wish people would check facts before saying things!

Checkatrade have more than 3 million reviews now. They are now alligned with 9 trading standards and adding to this all the time, they are regulated by the competition and markets authority who have stringent rules about review systems including having to publish any legitimate negitive reviews. As with anything, there are trades people who can get through the net. Actually 85% of all reviews are spot checked. Nothing is infallable and rogues sometimes get through the net but they don't last very long.

There are of course trade people who join who are unhappy at the return they get for the investment. Sometimes though, those that are unhappy just sign up and aren't proactive in the process.

Like already said, set up your own website.

OR

Set up a business thread on Facebook, I'm not on it myself, but have seen some of the business pages get a lot of attention.

It will mean a lot of attention to keep it up to date, you can't just leave it; but the odd bad job could leave a negative post, if you delete them they will share it to another page, although it would also give you the opportunity to explain any problems.

My two pence, for what it's worth.

I agree with several of the posts, set up your own website. I don't rate checkatrade. Most of my work is either repeat business or word of mouth. If your good at your trade you don't need to advertise. :)

You don't need to own your own business to join there are different levels from apprentice and full member and others inbetween. Membership prices varies depending on experience and qualifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Checkatrade what's people's thoughts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back