Search the forum,

Discuss Changing hot water tap washers and closing Isolator valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chump

Hi,
We have recently had a Valliant ecoTec pro installed. Over Christmas, a couple of the hot water taps are dripping, so I need to change the washers or may well put new taps on.
Please could someone let me know how I turn off the water to the hot water taps to let me change the washers. Is there a hot water outlet I close underneath the Valliant boiler? I'm looking at the installation guide, and it is not clear what, if any, isolator I close to the hot water taps?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Chump

Just turn off the cold mains chump. This will isolate the hot supply too. Merry Christmas!

many thanks all.
My wife will be very happy.
Happy New Year,
Chump

If you dont know how to turn water off to the taps your changing, do you know how to change the guts?

Even some taps boggle plumbers heads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing hot water tap washers and closing Isolator valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect heating system (have attached some photos). I was wondering if the isolation valve that would shut off the water to the hot water taps is as circled in the...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Milky hot water. Recently had a Viessmann 100-W combi boiler installed. Now when the hot water reaches any tap it is very 'milky'. This appears to be micro bubbles and clears, upwards, in a few seconds leaving no residue. Though this is a hard water area in 45 years have never had this cloudy...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock