Search the forum,

Discuss Changing Electric Boiler to Gas Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DFC

I am considering purchasing a bungalow but the property is fitted with an electric boiler for a wet central heating system the EPC estimate puts the heating costs at currently three times what I currently paying current home for gas central heating.
Could I replace the electric boiler with a gas boiler and use the radiators pipework etc.(all brand new)n is it a case of a direct swap (I know he gas will need a outside flu) or is it more complicated than that?
Many thanks

first thing you should do before getting a gas safe company to quote for the new system....is check that there is gas to the property, it may be that there is not and that is the reason that the property has an electric system, depending on your area depends who is the gas transporter , see if neighbours have gas, if not try Gas Distribution Network | National Grid it will give a map of gas transporters in your area

Hi
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I should have said in my post there is a gas supply to the property.
And from what I can see a lot of houses in the area have gas.

There would be a reason - possibly unjustifiable, that an electric boiler would be installed I your place when there is gas available.

You may need to investigate this further.

So the question remains if there is a gas supply can I change the boiler to gas and use the existing pipework etc.?

Yeah for the most part you should be able to, depending on what type of system is currently installed.

I surveyed a property yesterday for a new gas central heating system, property had a gas meter, but unfortunately it was not possible to install a gas boiler and only options were storage heaters or electric wet, as others have said there is probably a good reason why a gas boiler wasn't installed.

Might be gas but no option to flue it inline with the regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing Electric Boiler to Gas Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock