Search the forum,

Discuss changed bath.... previous plumber not happy.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moony

Changed bath the other day, crack in bath - store sent me to change it - when i got there - took panel off and waste was too high going into boxing, therefore waste running back to trap...

told customer before i went any further, she didnt really know what i was on about - i just explained that the waste was running back into the trap so water would be sitting in lenght of pipe about 1.5 metres long, probably get blocked but dont blame me, get previous plumber to put it right (would of meant removal of 2 square metres of tiling, basin and toilet :( )

she phoned other plumber while i was there he said hed be straight round, come bouncing up the stairs - he was a big lad, but at 19 stone myself i wasnt that arsd, confrontational with me in front of customer, saying i was questioning his workmanship, and how would i solve the problem, i just said not much you can do now pal, except remove the back boxed wall, he turned to customer - and said see! big problem have to remove all that boxing, i just laughed, he was the one who installed the boxing! he then turned to her and said dont worry about it the water will flush the pipework out from the bath, i just laughed again.

i then explained that i would refit the bath but the waste would be his problem... and that i was only explaining to cover myself as in 6 months time if its blocked it will be who last installed it and i wasnt getting the blame...

i dont normally question other lads work, but come on its simple plumbing to have pipework running away from traps at least.

I bet that was a cosy bathroom!! My word, I've never heard of anything like that.

His work may have been poor but I bet you didn't like having to point it out to him!!

I would have said, 'sort it out amongst yourselfs, packed up and left. Poor you mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you checked house was not built on a hill before you started gobbing off:p:rolleyes:

put the bath on blocks, lol

trouble with that it was all tiled and boxed in at the end by 200 mm....

yeah was almost laughable if the customer wasnt there, she was a young girl with a 8 month old baby and knew nothing about anything.... was worried when i said about it...

advice was to call him back if it ever got blocked as he was now aware that she knew about his installation of the waste.

puddle - haha yeah i checked the waste and floor for level, but to be fair you could see straight off it was running in wrong direction.

i always spend 5-10 mins checking things before i start any job have done for since i started as you always get blamed if your last there

Sad, when it does develop a problem, she'll call the previous plumber who'll refuse to touch it and say "you've had another plumber in" she'll then call the company who asked you to change the bath,who'll contact you

So, my money is you'll end having to do it.

What I don't understand is, if you've made a mistake, which we all do from time to time, put it right. It may cost a bit but better that than keep getting called back time and time again.

sure he did`nt crack the bath surely he should have inspected it before installing it?..:)regards turnpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to changed bath.... previous plumber not happy.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock