Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating takes ages and very slow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have got a problem with central gas heating that radios taking minimum of 8 hours to heat and very slow by the time next day comes and we switch off heating.
I have tried bleeding radiator and switch on only one radiator at a time and see that removes sludge in system if any
I have checks pump and I can feel vibration .
The hot water is all ways on
I can fee a pump running noise 24/7

It could be a number of reasons, pump running slow, blockages in the system, air lock in the pipework, boiler not functioning correctly,
Have you lived in the property long? Has the heating always taken this long or is it a recent thing?

It could be a number of reasons, pump running slow, blockages in the system, air lock in the pipework, boiler not functioning correctly,
Have you lived in the property long? Has the heating always taken this long or is it a recent thing?
Many thanks for the reply.
We have recently moved to this property.
We moved hot water conventional cylinder to garage due to space problem upstairs.
The hot water is working fine.
But hearing not working.
But the hearing pump always running
I can hear that sound while sleeping on the bed room.
I have checked with previous tenenat and they said that the hearing was instant and working
[automerge]1571601889[/automerge]
Many thanks for the reply.
We have recently moved to this property.
We moved hot water conventional cylinder to garage due to space problem upstairs.
The hot water is working fine.
But hearing not working.
But the hearing pump always running
I can hear that sound while sleeping on the bed room.
I have checked with previous tenenat and they said that the hearing was instant and working
When I switch on nest thermostat for heating the boiler doesn’t start immediately.
Should the boiler always start when I turn the thermostat is on.

Just because the pump is humming or vibrating doesn't mean it is pumping. Impeller could be damaged or detached.

You are really going to have to give out a lot more information for any body to help on here.

Did the shutting everything off bar 1 radiator make that hot?
Is it an open vented system?
Boiler type/make?
Boiler location, pump location, method of control s plan, y plan, pumped heating, gravity hot water?
Radiators hot at top cool at bottom or just cool all over?
[automerge]1571605012[/automerge]
Forget that, you have air in the system or the cylinder works have caused another issue, get them back.

Thank you guys so much for helping with this problem

It is hard to say shutting which radiator makes other one hot
It is not consistent and I am tired of doing that experiment
Is it an open vented system
Yes
Boiler type/make?
Main heat
Boiler location, pump location, method of control s plan, y plan, pumped heating, gravity hot water?
Boiler in ground floor and pump in garage it is grandfos
No same everywhere

Thank you guys so much for helping with this problem

It is hard to say shutting which radiator makes other one hot
It is not consistent and I am tired of doing that experiment
Is it an open vented system
Yes
Boiler type/make?
Main heat
Boiler in ground floor and pump in garage it is grandfos
No same everywhere
If your radiators are hot at the top and cool at the bottom, you really have
ferric sludge problems. You really need to get going on this winter is on its
way... tell us about your diy competance ....then we will suggest a suitable
pathway for you to follow.....centralheatking

If your radiators are hot at the top and cool at the bottom, you really have
ferric sludge problems. You really need to get going on this winter is on its
way... tell us about your diy competance ..then we will suggest a suitable
pathway for you to follow...centralheatking
My DIV competence that I can change the tap and Cartridge etc, pit waste pipe for dishwasher etc
One mor thing the pump is always running whether thermostat is on or off
[automerge]1571661008[/automerge]
Is the pump mine is Grundfos used for both hot water and heating ?

Last edited:
Could it be a problem with Honeywell motorised stuck value which is not opening value for hot water becacuse boiler heating hot water not central heating
If so how to remove or open stuck valve

Just going by this answer here. One thing to consider though, there may be confusion here on whether OP means top and bottom floors or top and bottom of each individual rad.

I'm now not certain which of the two options he means!
Both ground floor and first floor, the radiators are cold on bottom and top

Could it be a problem with Honeywell motorised stuck value which is not opening value for hot water becacuse boiler heating hot water not central heating
If so how to remove or open stuck valve

It could be, there's normally a lever you can move and lock into the central heating position, this allows you to manually open the valve against the spring, try that and let us know if it helps.

Reply to Central heating takes ages and very slow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock