Discuss central heating stopped working after changing ballcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lucyjay

hi hope you can help
sunday we had to change flush button on toilet - water turned off
monday got up to see water running out of overflow pipe on outside wall - turned water off
changed ballcock and all seemed well
tuesday unsure if heating was working but i had hot water
wednesday heating on for an hour during day and i am sure it was working
heating put on at 4pm noticed no heat from radiators after an hour.

boiler comes on but won't fire up
all rads have been bleed this morning
timer etc seems to be ok
do you think we have an air lock because of the amount of times we had to turn off the water and drain the system
its an old baxi boiler with header tank in loft

did you move the port valve in your pipework into the open position when you filled back up sounds like air lock can be a pain in the backside to shift but try that first open the port drain again then fill up slowly bleed rads and put heating on no luck get back on and some other advice can be suggested

did you move the port valve in your pipework into the open position when you filled back up sounds like air lock can be a pain in the backside to shift but try that first open the port drain again then fill up slowly bleed rads and put heating on no luck get back on and some other advice can be suggested

hi
never moved the port value, partner just put in new ballcock and we turned heating back on, never checked rads to see if it was working
so hoping its an airlock rather than boiler packed in

Sounds like a coincidence to me. If you don't drain the heating system it won't have air locked.

Sounds like a coincidence to me. If you don't drain the heating system it won't have air locked.

we never drained heating system i turned water off at stopcock in kitchen and drained tanks to stop the overflow till partner
came in and fitted the new ballcock

hi
i emptied both tanks to make sure no water could drip , do this help?

you have emptyed the header tank you may of taken dirt etc into the pipe work causing a block

what to do is drain down your heating then refil it may clear the blockage or you may need ot blast cold main down the feed of the heating to clear the blockage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to central heating stopped working after changing ballcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock