Discuss CCN1, CENWAT, CPA1, CKR1 and HTR1 - Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IK1

Hi all,

I am due to take the above exams in around 4 weeks. I have a good book that covers most of what I need for CCN1, however are there any books that can be recommended to me for the other papers?

I have gained a lot of experience on the above from doing my portfolio, but just want to get an idea of the kind of things that will be covered in these papers.

Also where can I get some sample ACS questions from?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

corgi do some question books, the JTL revision book has lots of multi choice,
Treloar etc etc.

what books do you already have? just swat up on them and your course notes...:smart:

Try not to over think it, all the questions are on pretty basic stuff. The practical is where they'll get you if your not competent (rightly so), and any number of books wont help you there.

The appliance MI's will be in the bay with you, use them and expect multiple faults on appliances.

corgi do some question books, the JTL revision book has lots of multi choice,
Treloar etc etc.

what books do you already have? just swat up on them and your course notes...:smart:

Thanks for your reply. At the moment im really just using my LOGIC book that was given to me on the course that I did, as well as regulations. Is this good enough?

Try not to over think it, all the questions are on pretty basic stuff. The practical is where they'll get you if your not competent (rightly so), and any number of books wont help you there.

The appliance MI's will be in the bay with you, use them and expect multiple faults on appliances.

Thanks Mountainman. So you would suggest focusing more on the practical side of things such as concentrating on types of faults that occur on appliances etc..?

I have recently completed my Portfolio and have learnt quite a lot from that, but I guess it makes sense to assist on as many jobs as possible until the exams...

The faults that you will find are pretty obvious if you know your stuff, the only difference is that you will have unlikely faults.
I dud my reassessment in December and there were thirteen faults on the cooker alone, all obvious though.
I wont give you specific answers as peoples lives will depend on your competence but when it comes to flue testing read and follow the appliance MI's.
Your only enemy on this test is yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CCN1, CENWAT, CPA1, CKR1 and HTR1 - Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock