Search the forum,

Discuss catering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Been asked to look at a job in a school which involves a cookery classroom which will have six new gas cookers and rest electric , gas supply is in 28 mm and is not being changed but didnt want to give a price and suddenly find out you need a catering ticket for this .

just for the note the gas cookers are not in overly close proximity to each other as are spaced out on one side of the class room , can anyone classify if this could be catering ??

You need a catering ticket. Totally different rules apply especially regards ventilation.

You just reminded me of one of the first jobs i did as an apprentice! Went back to my then "old School" because they smelt gas in the cookery room! Saw my old teacher too! :)

Besides that I haven't got a clue to the answer you seek H4S :)

Would this still apply even tho the classroom was previously cookery and ventilation already in place and same amount cookers back in as previous ?
The classroom is basically a decor and new appliances , was doing the plumbing there and suddenly been asked to price cooker connections

Honestly H4S ... I'd consider fitting it and not think of any consequences! However you do raise a valid concern where regs step in! It's a freekin cooker though yeh? :) Thankfully I have never been involved in installing in such a situation, have however repaired a good few without a thought TBH :)

Even although it is only swapping cookers, which you could do standing on your head, you still need to check the ventilation is adequate and up to stds, It may be but you can't check it. It may also need an emergency shut off and perhaps a proving system. Gets a bit complicated.
Do you not know anyone who does catering stuff. Maybe get them involved in it and take a cut.

A few years ago most guys would have just done it but things have changed. If anything were to happen it is your rse in the sling.

I totally agree Tam ! Not sure if you need catering quals but it is worth while checking out how many appliances you have and the ventilation needs!

TBH H4S This is for those who know........... I am not one of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to catering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock