Discuss Cat deeley in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
sorry i ment cat ladder........ haha, got your attention tho :)

anyway, i need to purchase a cat ladder. I have been lookin at them and there are 3 main choices.

1, full length
2, extension ladder type
3, extendable( you buy different length and fit en together)

so if you have one, which one do you have and what are its pro's and con's please.???

thanks, for any replys.

Adam.

Damn, got me :)

Unfortunately can't offer advice on the old cat ladder as you'll not get me that high in the air.

Now, cat deeley.....................................

Damn, got me :)

Unfortunately can't offer advice on the old cat ladder as you'll not get me that high in the air.

Now, cat deeley.....................................
you're the same as me then simon. anything above head height i'm very wary of. as for cat deeley, as she is taller than me she is above head height so am naturally wary lol.

I prefer a good old solid ladder or extension ladder, as I like something solid to stand on. I don't like those extendable things, they're ok for ocassional use, but if I'm going up a ladder to use a heavy drill, I prefer a solid one.

Now if Cat Deeley were to go up the ladder first.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the double extension type. A lot easier to transport but get the longer one as mine doesn't reach on a long low pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sorry i ment cat ladder........ haha, got your attention tho :)

anyway, i need to purchase a cat ladder. I have been lookin at them and there are 3 main choices.

1, full length
2, extension ladder type
3, extendable( you buy different length and fit en together)

so if you have one, which one do you have and what are its pro's and con's please.???

thanks, for any replys.

Adam.
how much for cat deeley?sorry whats your question again?

Until last year i always used fixed length ladders but this meant i needed 2 ladders. A 16ft one and a 21ft one. The reason for needing 2 is if you just have the long one the bottom bearers will miss the roof on shorter roofs. This can cause the ladder hook to jump as you are climbing / decending it and the first time you get that one your heart will be in your mouth when you are 25ft up. So you need the shorter ladder for shorter roofs. Just buy the shorter one and you will find yourself tieing a short ladder to the bottom of it to to make it reach.
Last year i needed to replace one so went for the extending ladder. A 4m one will open up to 7.5m so it covers everything i will use it for. I'd recommend the extending one. The one i have is made by Lyte.
Never used a folding one but if it is anything like using those fold up ladder tressle type things it will be a pita.

I have the the two peiece extension type.Think I got it from dumbfux.
As already stated, get the longer one for low pitch roofs.

Nothing like giving yourself a kickstart on a cold morning, trying to scrabble two feet up the roof, to get on to the ladder.

Graham

there you go

Attachments

• cat deeley.jpg
    cat deeley.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 22
  • images cd.jpg
    images cd.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 20
She is too scrawny for me!
Anyone else is welcome to her

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cat deeley in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone. I'm installing a walk in shower, opening into shower will be on right, mixer value on right, but shower head and drain on left. The...
Replies
Views
I have a 320 sqft double storey house with 6 bedrooms. The house is serviced by two heat only boilers (non condensing); a 120k btu (35kw) and a...
Replies
Views
Hello! Advice required, please. Trying to understand implications of pipe size, length of run, and number of junctions etc. en route between the...
Replies
Views
We live in a terraced row (SW London) and our neighbours are currently in the process of finalising their extension. There is a potential...
Replies
Views
Hi, First post and I hope its not a stupid question, we have a Baxi 105e combi connected up to a Honeywell CM927 and BRD91 which has been...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock