Search the forum,

Discuss caravan gas hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all , had a job the other day (i am gsr and can provide number) in a static caravan , regulator faulty , anyway i ordered a single bottle regulator and a new hose whilst iw as at it from hwos . anyway went to fit them and opened the box, but the date on the hose was 1991/2/8 ?? anybody have a clue why?

So you have your lpg and LAV quals then?

pm gasman or redsaw

theres a private gs forum you should post in :)

yes!!! did them i whilst back , but i wa sonly registered to do the work for the company i work for, but recently set up my own gas safe just incase , did my caravans as well because there are loads of caravan parks around where i live!

Good boy, get that pm sent :)

youll find the private forum very useful

As for the code thats the british standard they are made too.
have to display it on lpg hoses :)

Peaked my interest now.

Regulator screws onto the bottle itself?
how long was the hose?

pm sent!! right thats me showing my knowlage again then!!!! but i remember my old employer showing me a date on the regulator hoses before, and told me that they needed changing as they were past their date, . but i left him for a maintanance plumber job , so not rally done much gas , exept what i do in work (run new pipes to kitchen cooker point!!!) they sub most the other gas work , and all the servicing , breakdowns ect out!! so need to get back into it before i forget it all!

It will have an date on it, recommend that its replaced every 5 years or less depending on condition of hose, did some in 2009 that are up for replacement later this year,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to caravan gas hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been serviced. It has been presenting intermittent flame issues in sub zero temperatures however I found that insulating the pipe work around the gas regulator...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
My rented accommodation currently has no boiler control whatsoever: no timer or programmable unit. I need to control the heating at the boiler by either increasing or decreasing the flow temperature and turning it down low at night. I will be soon be fitting a smart control system (such as a...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being reported to me, that concerns me forum-wise. The aim with this place is to be really helpful. No matter what the Original Poster (OP) has come here...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First post here, so please be kind! I am currently having a lot of trouble with air and related noise in my open vented heating system. Long story, with lots of things tried already, so please bear with me… Firstly, a photo of the heart of the system in the garage as it is today (lots...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock