Discuss Car key sticking in ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kirkgas

Any tips on what to use on car ignition, the key sticks a bit when trying to remove it, it's the same with both keys so I assume it's the lock sticking, I've tried wd40 but no difference, there must be something better I can use
Ta

Ambersil silicone lubricant. Its as slippery as hell.
Use it all the time and its so slippery

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/displayPr...501389|plid|&gclid=CNXUxL2uicACFW3JtAod034ATw

This sounds mad, but I saw on one of those program's where trade guys give tips. A locksmith said that rubbing the 'lead' from a pencil on the key works well as a dry lubricant. Give it a shot

I remember now, I saw it on wheeler dealers. The mechanic fella Ed China suggested it.

an ignition barrel on a car will not want any kind of lubricant. WD may possibly make it worse by drying it out.
I know its a pain but change it before it lets you down.

Bright spark.. absolutely right pal, I think its 'yale' locks that use graphite as their lubricant.

I tried some three in one oil on my key & pushed it into my ignition a few times. Seems to have worked as no bother since & that was maybe 2 years ago.
Pencil lead is good for hinges & an old builder told me to use it on the hinges in hinged rulers to stop them seizing.

Dab of Vaseline , give the key some in out action, probably grit in the springs or between the pins. 60seconds of action used to keep my tranny happy. Coincidentally same sort of time to sort ignition on my transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Car key sticking in ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock