Search the forum,

Discuss Cant install a boiler unless your accredited! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My son passed me the which magazine this morning as I had something on boilers written in it so I had a read.

surprise surprise worcester came out top as they always do. But what got me is when they said that people will try to sell you whatever they are accredited to as they wont be qualified to install something else!

Well I'm screwed as I am not accredited to anyone!

Not qualified?????

Not sure that's right I can understand that manus want people to fit their product and offer the worthless warranties as an incentive.

But to tell someone they can't fit one unless they are accredited seems to be cutting off their nose to spite their face

What do you normally fit Millsy

Just lazy journalism on the part of Which.

Its lost all pretence of being a genuine consumer watchdog years ago. Just a money making machine.

True enough Ray they are massively bias towards whoever is sponsoring that months edition

Just lazy journalism on the part of Which.

Its lost all pretence of being a genuine consumer watchdog years ago. Just a money making machine.

But a lot of people still look to which when they are buying new products (like my dad!).

So they should at least get the facts right and they should also say that every boiler is different as its not 1 person fitting them all and doing it correctly so a lot of the boilers maybe failing because of installation errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cant install a boiler unless your accredited! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock