Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Can't Find My Filling Loop! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Straker

Hi All,

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Turbomax Pro 28E. Have lost pressure through a radiator bleeding session but am unable to fathom how to repressurise. I have read numerous posts on this but none seem to exactly describe my boiler. There is even a tutorial on YouTube but again the model demonstrated is slightly different.

I assumed my boiler did not have a built in filling loop so I purchased the braided hose thingy. I have taken a series of pictures of the underneath of the boiler which I will try to attach. Can anyone clarify which screws I should undo or where (if) I need to use the hose.

DSCN4018.jpgDSCN4011.jpgDSCN4013.jpgDSCN4016.jpgDSCN4019.jpgDSCN4015.jpg

Well, it's not there!!!

It should be accessible somewhere though!!!

You'll have to hunt around for it as it's probably hidden at the back of a cupboard or behind a unit or somewhere like that. It'll be a metal coloured braided hose with a sort of winged nut at each end. One end will be connected to the 15mm cold water inlet so if you follow that pipe you should find it somewhere.

Best of luck!!!

Hi,
follow the cold supply to boiler and heating return.
You will see some means of connecting the hose, there may be chrome caps covering the valve 't'.

Hi,
follow the cold supply to boiler and heating return.
You will see some means of connecting the hose, there may be chrome caps covering the valve 't'.

Yay!! I got something right at long last!!!

Thanks for your response dontknowitall. I understand that the Vaillant Turbomax Pro doesn't have an integrated filling loop hence why I purchased the braided hose myself. Just haven't got a clue where I should be attaching the thing. Anyone familiar with this model boiler? Read somwhere that two screws need undoing but I have tried all combinations under the boiler and nothing seems to be working.

These boilers have external filling loops. There will be one fitted somewhere, probably not too far. Don't bother trying undoing any screws or nuts. That will do you no good.
If you can't find it phone a plumber. He will find it and top it up for you. It won't cost much and you will know where it is done from for future ref.

mine was under the boiler on the cold water pipe as above, and it was attached by a non-return valve and isolation valves,.

Usually it's in a place where you can see the gauge as you fill the system, so it shouldn't be too far away.

never assume it was fitted well lol

concerned about these screw you have tried

It should be quite obvious when you see it

trace that pipe marked cold mains until you hit a valve

i had this very problem last year, 3 storey house. boiler was in the kitchen on ground floor. where was the filling loop???? In the flippin loft of course, where else would you want to put the damn thing. GRRRR

i had this very problem last year, 3 storey house. boiler was in the kitchen on ground floor. where was the filling loop???? In the flippin loft of course, where else would you want to put the damn thing. GRRRR

Haha i have had that before spent half hour walking round the house scratching my head lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't Find My Filling Loop! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock