Discuss Cannot solve Daikin heat pump AE error in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tkalfaoglu

Hi there.. I had a new central heating installed (air to water) and it runs thru my radiators.
However it kept complaining of Error AE on display. So, we had an extra pump installed to help with the circulation.
That helped somewhat -- half of the radiators used to be cold, now they are all luke warm.

But the error continues to be displayed on the remote, and the radiators are barely 30-35 degrees whereas the circulation water is at 70 degrees! the room temp is 22, and outside is 14.. All degrees in Celcius btw.

Any ideas what to check? I already bled all the radiators many times for air.

Thanks a lot, -t

from my limited knowledge, heat pumps dont work so well with rads unless they are really oversized to cope wither the LOWER heat output, so your rads will never be running at 70 degrees as with a proper boiler. you need some expert advice imho

First, have you contacted your installer? Second, have you contacted Daikin tech support? Finally, try the refrigeration engineers forum.

If you can wait a day or 2 for an answer i'll speak to my bro at the weekend and see what he thinks. He has been working on these for over a year now so will know the score.

If you can wait a day or 2 for an answer i'll speak to my bro at the weekend and see what he thinks. He has been working on these for over a year now so will know the score.

i know b all and neither does Tamz, worlds gone to pot :)

Many thanks everyone!

This is a daikin althema 16kW, high temperature. It apparently has two compressors to further heat itself, so it can achieve 70 degrees+ of water temperatures.

The system water is leaving at 68 degrees, coming back at 55. The radiators are 27-40 degrees each.
I have been airing them daily.

Yes, Daikin and the installer have been here daily; hopefully today they can find a solution.
I wonder if they connected it backwards, or maybe it's just sludge. the house is about 15 years old.

Regards, -turgut

Bet you wish you'd ticked the "gas combi boiler" box now......:39:

Wouldn't give you tuppence for a GSHP or an ASHP when things go wrong you need a fridge engineer and if you think there are some crap plumbers out there, believe me there are more crap
fridge engineers, most of them don't even come from the pipe fitting industry.

When you say another pump, you mean replaced for a larger pump or 2 pumps?

Wouldn't give you tuppence for a GSHP or an ASHP when things go wrong you need a fridge engineer and if you think there are some crap plumbers out there, believe me there are more crap
fridge engineers, most of them don't even come from the pipe fitting industry.

Fitted some ASHP in Winchester, a few bungalows with elderly residents. They couldn't understand why the radiators took up entire walls and they didnt get as hot as they used to with the old boiler!

Another pump was added externally - and a balancing bottle was fitted.
I'm happy to say that now it's heating up very nicely. Water termps around 65C, radiators 45+

The AE error prevails.

-tk

Many thanks snowhead - I'm not sure what ESP means, but I guess it's the resistance in the circuit against the water circulation. When the old heater+boiler (an LPG Viessmann trimatik; great system hindered by the Turkish government: They tax LPG to death. anyway) was removed, all the radiator water was drained and refilled afterwards. Only 1/3 of the radiators got hot before the second pump was added..

Another pump was added externally - and a balancing bottle was fitted.
I'm happy to say that now it's heating up very nicely. Water termps around 65C, radiators 45+

The AE error prevails.

-tk

That's exactly what should have been done in the first place, your installer should have known better, hope they haven't charged you any extra for it.

On smaller systems (<10kw) you can actually get away with a low loss header in a lot of circumstances. - Similar error often seen on other systems when either a buffer tank or LLH not fitted.
On <6kW systems usually neither needed depending upon the radiator pipe sizes.
Eaton knows his stuff: Samsung heat pump - YouTube

if the AE error still present, get them to come back, if you still got pressure problems, they may need to fit a plate heat exchanger as well / instead.

Last edited:
That's exactly what should have been done in the first place, your installer should have known better, hope they haven't charged you any extra for it.

if the AE error still present, get them to come back, if you still got pressure problems, they may need to fit a plate heat exchanger as well / instead.

Thank you very much - no they did not charge extra, but I already had a circulation pump handy from my old installation :)

They are going to come back for the AE error. That youtube video was great, it showed that at least for Samsung heat pumps, you need at least 30 liters/minute otherwise you get a fault. I told the installer to install a flow meter.. Hopefully he'll comply :)

Many thanks, -turgut

They installed a second circulation pump and a bottle to balance the two.
the AE error remained for several days, then miraculously, it went away all by itself!
It has not been seen again.. Hopefully gone forever!

-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cannot solve Daikin heat pump AE error in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock