Search the forum,

Discuss can you just replace a valve lever? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I have a leak from the quarter-turn isolation valve lever for the central heating flow connection. The leak was coming the connection so I put some tape round to see if that stopped the drip. It has but there is now coming from the screw that attaches the lever to the fitting. Replacement of that particular fitting is going to be involved as it is attached to the tap rail of the boiler. Is it feasible to get another plastic lever and just replace if so are they standard fit or different according to manufacturer? If not is there some temporary measure to bung/stop the drip? Thanks.

Thanks for the response. Photo attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpeg
    IMG_0231.jpeg
    458.6 KB · Views: 17
It's still leaking from the same place.
The tape is diverting it.
Suggest you dry it off carefully and find out exactly where the water is coming from and post a pic showing this.

Common has someone turned it recently

It's still leaking from the same place.
The tape is diverting it.
Suggest you dry it off carefully and find out exactly where the water is coming from and post a pic showing this.
I dried it and spent a while looking before adding the tape. At the top of that plastic lever is the source, between the thread at the top that the tape covers. I believe it was coming form the screw then too but that is the lowest point where the water collects and drips from so hard. to say for definite.

Common has someone turned it recently

Yep and that is the part. No workaround/temporary measure possible? Would the fix go as below?
1. Isolate cold water inlet and CH return
2. Drain system from radiator on ground floor
3. Open bleed valve upstairs to allow pressure to empty
4. Drain boiler from white tap?
5. Access via side panel to unscrew part
6. Get wet - how much will come out?
7. Need to clean existing threads to remove lime/ensure good fit?
8. Fit the new tap using PFTE and paste to minimise potential leaks
9. Make sure CH/radiators ready to be filled (closed off from draining), also boiler drain
10. Turn-on cold water inlet and CH return (and new CH flow)
11. Pressurise system to 1.5 bar
12. If leaking repeat steps until no leaks

Reply to can you just replace a valve lever? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock