Discuss Can you help identify the jacuzzi / whirlpool / spa bath so that I can replace the drain plug seal? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I am trying to identify a jacuzzi / whirlpool / spa bath so that I can replace the drain plug seal which I suspect is leaking. Unfortunately I cannot get to the actual bath to investigate myself a common problem at the moment I think. The owner has supplied pictures of the bath, plug seal and seal / O ring. At the moment we just want to get the bath to hold water so she can have a hot bath. My main suspect is the seal ring which looks like an O-ring but may be something more complicated which has been damaged. Water drains as fast as it goes in.

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 14
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 13

Hi Shaun,
thank you for your suggestion, It never really occurred to me that this was an option. I used to work in the oil field drilling business and ran equipment that had to seal against 20000 psi and so became very cautious about O - ring usage and would never have considered glue joints. But what’s the worst that can happen in this case? I loose the water down the drain.
I take it Nitrile rubber is fairly soft and a generous size of cord could be used in this instance
thanks again
Paul

Correct you will need to find the correct size oring but tbh it’s cheap enough to get an either size eg for 7mm eg 6,7 and 8mm least you can have a play

I had to make one for a old unknown toilet frame flush pipe leaking from install used gorilla super glue to make the join

Attachments

• D6C1C533-82CD-4226-8C24-8DD9606010E0.jpeg
    D6C1C533-82CD-4226-8C24-8DD9606010E0.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Can you help identify the jacuzzi / whirlpool / spa bath so that I can replace the drain plug seal? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, the pop up plug system has broken and needs replacing. I would like to replace the whole lot. My issue is trying to remove the waste drain...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have removed a seized bath plug from my bath, but would like any advice about how to go about finding a replacement. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock