Discuss Can you believe it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertclarke

Hi all.
I had some news yesterday that was the most stupid thing I had ever heard.
I got called to a meeting at work yesterday, but had to travel 75 miles to get to it. Had no idea what this was about and thought it was a general chat to see how I was getting on.
How wrong was I, it turned out to be a 3 1/5 hour shouting match and ended up with me loosing my job. GREAT.
But here is the funny part, I lost my job because I am doing a plumbing course and they seem to think my main priority lies with the course.
And it gets better, he said that I will now be able to go straight down the benefits office and sign on for however long it takes to finish the course doing it full time, and then get another job.

I mean what the hell is wrong with these sort of people, does he seriously think that I am going to be able to put food on the table for my family for pennies the benefits pay.

I guess what I am trying to say from this is dont even trust your close friends at work as they will do anything to crawl that little bit futher up the managers backside. As it has been proven for me, after telling one person who I thought was a very close friend and resulted in me being jobless. Thanks mate.

Sorry to hear about what happened robert,hopefully things will work out ok and you will find another position to allow you to finish your studies
remember you do not have ant true friends in business.:(

good luck to you

I'm not sure the company can legally sack you for attending a course in your own time! I'd be going to CAB or asking for legally advice regarding an employment tribunal if it was me mate!

or one of them nasty no win no fee lawyers,
dont forget to join a union next time round !! free legal help
good luck

Sounds like your better off without them. Count it as a blessing and hard times are never as hard as you imagine them to be. Enjoy your free time.

I'm not sure the company can legally sack you for attending a course in your own time! I'd be going to CAB or asking for legally advice regarding an employment tribunal if it was me mate!

I don't think they could but if pushed they would just say he was sacked for using abusive language,threatening behaviour or whatever other reason they wanted as " it turned out to be a 3 1/5 hour shouting match". Also depends on length of service.

Unfortunately for some, there is more than one way to skin a cat :eek:

Depends what was this job (plumbing related??)
Depends to how long you worked there?
Were you on the cards or self employed?
If you worked there for a year or more on the cards you have rights
My first approach would be To ask the company the reason for them sacking you?
What ever they tell you advise them that you`re seeking legal advise......
Then if you have no joy getting the job back Take legal advise in the way of no win no fee.....
They will take on the case if they think that you will win the case (as they get a percentage of the compensation)
If they think you have a case that will lose they will not take it on. (nothing lost)
Remember cases like this may take a year or 2 so finalise......
Remember to tell them the whole scenario ie what was said in the shouting match etc......
Hope this helps and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you believe it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock