Discuss Can`t remember whom or when but a big thank you to ....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
The person who posted the tip about making a stop end from a nut, a tap washer and a 5p coin, you my friend got me out of a jam today when I was miles from any shop or shed.

Thank you.

The person who posted the tip about making a stop end from a nut, a tap washer and a 5p coin, you my friend got me out of a jam today when I was miles from any shop or shed.

Thank you.

Wasn't me but used that trick before on an old imperial pipe with a nut, washer and a 2p!

This was 15mm copper and without the tip it would of meant leaving the house mains turned off and something like a 2hr round trip to go and buy one which would of knocked my day totally pear shaped plus I wasn`t in the mood after the customer rejected my quote.

Thanks - i think it was me
Ill take the credit

Don't even think of giving the Geordie credit for my brilliance ;)

Hi guys,
I'm a self employed plumber from Bolton, just wanted to join up to a plumbers forum to be able to bounce ideas about and hopefully help some others while learning new tricks.
On the topic of new tricks - you probably all know this one, but the 15mm iso cap made from a 5p and a 1/2' conex nut has come in handy for me plenty of times :)

a 20p works on 22mm for future reference.

found this out years ago when the change from shop went in same pocket as some random fittings.Could not get boiler working that night ended up cutting bits out ,and found the Queens head staring back at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can`t remember whom or when but a big thank you to ....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock