Discuss Can someone explain this system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

efficient

Hi, can someone explain this system please. No mid position or zone valves and system runs of a Randal 102 which has heating and hot water settings. How is the hot water controlled with no valves, or could this be a C plan with a zone valve hidden away.
image.jpg

Hot Water temp is controlled by the boiler stat setting.

Very common system when C-H started to become popular in the 60's /70's

where is the 22mm going up to ? is there just a auto air vent ?
likely c plan with pump under the floor or back boiler with pump an mv next to it

It's got no stat on the hot water cylinder, don't understand how it can have hot water only from the controller ??

Came across something similar the other day, tenant was complaining about bubbling noises from her cylinder, turned the stat on her BBU from max to about 2 and things were better after that.
Still shocking crap though :(

The boilers an old glow worn heat save 80B, shared vent and feed

That's what I said to the owners, but they reckon when they turn the room stat down they get hot water only.... Must be a valve under the floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can someone explain this system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
This valve is fitted to the lower heating coil of the hot water cylinder Can anyone say what is the point of it I have been told its a...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock