Discuss Can I get a flue diverter for a non condensing oil fired boiler ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 113202

Hi I have moved into a older semi bungalow it contains a Boulter 50/70 non condensing oil fired boiler the flue is illegal as far as I know being about 6" from the semi next door anfor about 6 " from ground level. Not only that the neighbours next door complained in the past about the smell so a fence was erected to hide the smell but this has made the ilegalality even worse. What can I do are my only options a new boiler sited somewhere else?

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_134258376.jpg
    IMG_20200404_134258376.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 25
If you can find the original manual then inside it will show you all the legal flueing arrangements. I dont need you to look at it to tell you as it stands it doesn't comply.
Options are to extend flue to a suitable location or consider a replacement boiler and relocate.
Sorry I posted the wrong pic before on my question this should be the right photo

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_152356296.jpg
    IMG_20200328_152356296.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 21
If you can find the original manual then inside it will show you all the legal flueing arrangements. I dont need you to look at it to tell you as it stands it doesn't comply.
Options are to extend flue to a suitable location or consider a replacement boiler and relocate.

Dont know what the OP took a dislike too?

Very good advice given. The only thing I would add is that it may be possible to replace boiler in current position and use a plume management kit.
[automerge]1586113282[/automerge]
After seeing the photo I wouldn't be getting excited. Also bit more than 6" from the floor.

Leave it till its kaput. New one in same location with a plume management kit.

Last edited:

Very good advice given. The only thing I would add is that it may be possible to replace boiler in current position and use a plume management kit.

Same location with plume kit only viable option to comply with current regs.
Could adapt current flue but I would personally update whole system.
If hes going to disagree with everything I say I'll keep my mouth shut lol

Hi I have moved into a older semi bungalow it contains a Boulter 50/70 non condensing oil fired boiler the flue is illegal as far as I know being about 6" from the semi next door fence and 1 metre from ground level. Not only that the neighbours next door complained in the past about the smell so a fence was erected to hide the smell but this has made the ilegalality even worse. What can I do are my only options a new boiler sited somewhere else?

[automerge]1586113282[/automerge]
After seeing the photo I wouldn't be getting excited. Also bit more than 6" from the floor.

Leave it till its kaput. New one in same location with a plume management kit.
Yes sorry it is 1 metre from the ground I'm surprised you think it's OK with a fence on it but I'm no expert. The fence has supposedly d
Burnt before so that's the 2nd fence.
[automerge]1586116597[/automerge]
I don't have a owners manual boiler I'd probably 20 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_152356296.jpg
    IMG_20200328_152356296.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Can I get a flue diverter for a non condensing oil fired boiler ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I am new here and a capable plumbing DIYr. I have just purchased a Fire Bird Silver Boiler House model to replace my old and now leaking...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have to site a condensing oil boiler close to a boundary. Its going to be one of these Greenstar 50/70 or there abouts. The 600mm rule...
Replies
Views
I have an Alpha Intec boiler installed on my loft wall. The flue goes horizontally from the top of the boiler and passes through the wall, exiting...
Replies
Views
Hi! I've been chasing the smell under our stairs/cellar for so long and have had many things fixed one by one, the smell still remains, next...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock