Discuss Can I fit a boiler, and then have it certified by a qualified gas fitter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hayjay

Hi,
was wondering if it's possible to install a new boiler myself and then pay to have it checked by a certified gas safe registered engineer.
I'm currently a Petty officer in the Royal navy serving on a nuclear submarine. I have a Hons degree in marine engineering and I am a CAT B nuclear Engineer. I think what I'm trying to say is I have 8 yrs experience in multi engineering disciplines i.e hydraulics, electrics, Gas turbines, and nuclear propulsion. If I had the time I would love to qualify as a certified gas safe engineer.At the moment I spend a lot of time away. I'm not trying to save money, but by fitting the boiler myself it's just to have the pleasure of installing a boiler and possibly installing the central heating in my self-build house when I finish in the navy. If it's a no go, then I'll look into becoming gas safe certified myself.
Many thanks for reading this.

my cousins a nuclear physicist, a manager @rolls royce submarines, just not long come back doing something in 'new england' for the u.s fleet for 2 years. might be that gas turbine power stuff one gets a slight hint on and other propulsion secrets.lol
might get him into trouble now...woops

no, he wouldnt fit his own boiler either!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can I fit a boiler, and then have it certified by a qualified gas fitter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock