Discuss Can anyone tell me if this is a good plumbing job? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
would have been a lot cheaper with a couple of strap bosses also tidier also the work is rubbish

I get fed up of posts like this.
Why do we even bother squabling over them. I would have done this. I would have done that.
Just because one person may have done it different doesnt mean its a bad job.
Undoubtedly its done to a price. Everyone wants cheap and more often than not pee and moan about fit and finish afterwards
But judging by the fact there isnt **** everywhere all over the walls i deem it a success lol

Gotta agree here, I am also abit confused as to why OP went to trouble of taking a photo, uploading it to pc, registering on this forum, then making a thread. In what way does the job look suspect? Plenty of stacks have the easily recognisable rubber coupling. Its rare to see a single colour and style of fittings, correctly clipped and terminated stack on an old house (round here anyway)

Also the fact that you had 3 plumbers puts serious doubts about whether I would want to be your 4th.

Gotta agree here, I am also abit confused as to why OP went to trouble of taking a photo, uploading it to pc, registering on this forum, then making a thread. In what way does the job look suspect? Plenty of stacks have the easily recognisable rubber coupling. Its rare to see a single colour and style of fittings, correctly clipped and terminated stack on an old house (round here anyway)

Also the fact that you had 3 plumbers puts serious doubts about whether I would want to be your 4th.

if you think that's ok I'm sure he wouldn't want you as number 4

Def wasnt the cheapest option.

Always in my mind that if somebody can leave something like that on show then how bad is the stuff you cant see.

Couple of strap ons and sorted.

Just had a proper look at the photo noticed theres no rodding eye and a mechanical elbow up top so its quite bad yes. Rubber coulings and odd colours Im ok with, the stack already had an odd coloured branch afterall so perhaps plumber 3 though he would complete the set with white and grey.

It isnt a job id undertake as too busy with gas. But if i knew youd had 3 others there - id just hang up

But to be clear - i didnt pass opinion really....good or bad. It isnt how id do it. But i dont know what he paid.
But it seems to work even if it isnt a van gough.

10 plumbers - 10 different opinions on how to do the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you or that I'm having a pop, But its easy to pick faults with pictures of someone else work when you haven't actually been to the job or know the hole story, the fact that the op mentioned going to Screwfix suggests to me that this might of been a late night or weekend job when the merchants where shut and they didn't have what he wanted in stock and had to make do, trying to get a working bathroom for the Op After being let down by 2 other plumbers, and as stanios mentioned its rare to see a proper job done on old houses, (not that I'm saying i'd accept that or not do a proper job on my work)

If you can't do a proper job don't do it simple solution as far as I'm concerned

Why are you employing gas safe plumbers to sort a soil pipe out.

If your an architect - why do you need public opinion to decide if this is good or not - you would surely know the score...

Sorry something is amiss here - im done with this

Some of the work that I see kicking about now I can fully understand how people get through 2-3 plumbers over a job.

To me if I saw that I would say it's rough, it wouldn't cost anymore possibly cost less to do it nice and neat and correctly.

I took a job on that was started by someone else and she told him to go, when I was there I found out I was the 3rd person there. Yes she was very picky but she knew what she wanted and if she didn't like something she would say, I personally like that as I would rather they say than make do and slag me off behind my back. The standard of work in the property led me to believe that she had no choice to get rid of the others, things like 2 basins, 1 bath and 2 shower cubicles off 1x 1 1/2" pipe, a soil pipe looking a lot like the one in the photo amongst other things.

Yes but thats just the crux. As above how do you know they are plumbers.
1 was a handyman.

Did i tell you im a dab hand gynecologist

Followed a high roof LWB Transit the other week must of listed 20 things on the back doors that he did, you name it I think it was there.

Jack of all trades & master of none springs to mind. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone tell me if this is a good plumbing job? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back