Discuss Can anyone tell me if this is a good plumbing job? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the plumber to connect the waste pipe of the bath and basin to the existing soil stack.

He has cut the soil stack, then connected the pipes, and added 2 large rubber flexible pipes with cable ties.

Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_20160228_093740887.jpg
    IMG_20160228_093740887.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 302
Technically nothing wrong with it. I would of used a couple of slip couplings so they didn't stand out.

Also did he connect up both the smaller waste pipes, as they could do with some clips on them really.

Last edited:
FYI, they're stainless jubilee clips not cable ties, called a Flexcon; not the prettiest but saves disturbing the whole stack to try and squeeze a slip coupling in.

When the stack is next painted you won't even notice!

What a disgusting eye sore bodge up, he's obviously cobbled that together from any random multi coloured fittings in his van, no clips, no cement.

Whatever anyone says , that guy has no pride in his work. What else has he done?

Personally, I would have used 2 seperate strap on bosses
One for the basin, higher up and one for the bath or shower, saves the need for antivac traps and is the better/correct way to pipe it
Also would have used black pipe and fittings

I get fed up of posts like this.
Why do we even bother squabling over them. I would have done this. I would have done that.
Just because one person may have done it different doesnt mean its a bad job.
Undoubtedly its done to a price. Everyone wants cheap and more often than not pee and moan about fit and finish afterwards
But judging by the fact there isnt **** everywhere all over the walls i deem it a success lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What a disgusting eye sore bodge up, he's obviously cobbled that together from any random multi coloured fittings in his van, no clips, no cement.

Whatever anyone says , that guy has no pride in his work. What else has he done?

I agree. Knuckle bend on the bath waste, no rodding point, and why not do it all in black with a couple of strap-on bosses? Would have saved on the Firncos as well.

To the OP: does it work? If it does then what's the issue? More to the point, how much did he invoice you for?

Some say yes, some say no ........ Personaly I think it looks a tw@t

Looks like it's leaking to me, have a close look on the bottom fernco

You would go strap on boss all day long, maybe the guy who carried out this work is scared of a good old strap on excuse the pun :D

If it just needed those 2 wastes bossing in, I too would have used a couple of strap on's with tee's and rodding access's, if he didn't like strap on's he should have used a couple 4" boss pipes and then just one ringseal slip coupler, cant see the need for 2x ferncos anyway when it could have been done with one.

Im not going to slate someones work unless I know how much he charged/you offered for the work to be carried out though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone tell me if this is a good plumbing job? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back