Discuss Can a DIYer replace an expansion vessel in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Is it possible for a DIYer to replace an expansion vessel and hose? It's an external grant vortex boiler and from what I've seen online it looks simple enough

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20221112_073926_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20221112_073926_Chrome.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 25
A Certas engineer said so at service. To be fair he didn't say he'd quote until I asked him to, which seems pretty expensive. He said it was very heavy. Does that water out of the valve check work on this model, I'm yet to check?

Do have any advice on how I could confirm what he said?

Thanks

Press thge schrader valve needle and see if air or water comes out, if neither or no pressure with needle depressed, isolate the boiler or drain down system and remove the water end hose, pump up the air end (if you can) to say 1.5bar, put your hand over the water end and see if any pressure buids up even slowly, if so, the diaphragm is punctured and new EV required.

As above sounds like it just needs recharging

Recharging pressure vessel is a standard task on my oil boiler services.

Easy enough to check out, just be careful if you do diy it that you dont spray water over the electrics or burner.

Normally the air will have droplets of water with it if the vessel has gone. Just try to recharge it and go from there. Dont forget to dump the water pressure first before pumping up the vessel.

Reply to Can a DIYer replace an expansion vessel in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock