Discuss camray 5 combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uistbhoy

hi can someone please help my plumber is having major problems trying to get this system going, its a camray 5 70a combi boiler type 483T50, the boiler is having problems drawing the fuel, the tank is about 70 meters from the boiler and is using 10mm microbore, the boiler used to pull it ok but the house got done up and 25 meters got added on since then its not fired up.
any ideas/help would be great.
thanks

hi yes the tank is lower than the boiler, but it always has been as i said it was working fine intill the boiler was moved it was dissconected from tank for about 3 months, would a none return valve work on the line?? it has a tiger loop on it allready, what about a pump half way on the line??
really stuck on this one.
thanks

Not too sure about this one. An oil lifter might be the solution but my first port of call would be to look at the tiger loop instructions to check the right size pipe(?) and/or correct size of tiger loop(?) are there. Possibly a call to the manufacturers who probably have a fairly easy answer.

I would guess that the problem is being caused by the size of the oil pipe. The oil line will need to be 8 or possibly 6mm. When the oil tank is lower than the burner you are using the suction of the oil pump to get oil to the burner,and 70 metres of 10mm oil will too much oil for the pump to pull.Also the joints on pipework need to be airtight,a small air leak will break the syphon effect,the oil line should be pressure tested. You can work out the size required here.

Oil Suction Line Calculator

Yes, definitely the size of the pipe. See the OFTEC installation book - will specify pipe size. Would use 6mm pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to camray 5 combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock