Search the forum,

Discuss Camray 5 combi 90A switching off after initial burn in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Camray 5 around 14 years old which switches off after the initial 15 min burn. The wall thermostat has not clicked off. If I then either turn off the power or click off the wall thermostat and then back on again it comes back to life. It then does the normal procedure, burn for a few minuits then off for a few minutes then back on until the wall thermostat clicks out. This is a intermittent problem somtimes it works ok.

Last October I replaced a leaking 3 way motorised valve body. I had this problem on a regular basis before I replaced it. Then afterwards the problem disappeared until the other day after I had taken the top cover off to check for leaks as the pressure had dropped very slightly to 1.25bar over a period a few weeks. Did not find any leaks. I topped up to 1.5 bar again. After this the cutting out started again. When it cut out this morning I started to take off the top cover and as I was doing so it started again.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like much. It needs servicing properly every 12 months. My advice is to get an oil tech or heating engineer out to service it and explain the issue you have.

I think what they're alluding to is that it's not a diy fix

The problem is intermittent and might not be there when he's. here I was hoping someone could point out where to check. Ive fixed Tv's over the last 45 years so Im not about to kill myself. Ive checked the wall thermostat connection to the boiler and thats ok. I read some thead about sticking micro switches.

Last edited:
The problem is intermittent and might not be there when he's. here I was hoping someone could point out where to check. Ive fixed Tv's over the last 45 years so Im not about to kill myself. Ive checked the wall thermostat connection to the boiler and thats ok. I read some thead about sticking micro switches.

There's a lot more to it than you might think .
Please don't mess with it. Get someone in.
I understand a TV is an electrical appliance but it doesn't have pressurised fuel or a risk of Carbon Monoxide.

There's a lot more to it than you might think .
Please don't mess with it. Get someone in.
I understand a TV is an electrical appliance but it doesn't have pressurised fuel or a risk of Carbon Monoxide.

Anyone remember the nuke submarine commander with the wooden cabin in the Scottish Highlands from a couple of years back?
He took the flack he got in good faith eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Camray 5 combi 90A switching off after initial burn in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock