Discuss Campervan water system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 129220

I'm plumbing my campervan and made the following schematic to show the different modes it can operate. Although I'm an experienced DIYer, I've never tackled a plumbing job this complicated and I'd appreciate any advice.

campervan.jpg

Normal operation using Tank 1 – B, F open
Normal operation using Tank 2 – C, F open
Filling Tank 1 from a water source – A, E open
Filling Tank 2 from a water source – A, D open
Heating Tank 1 by recycling water through heater – B, F, G open
Emptying all tanks – B, C, F, H open

All valves closed unless specified as open

Additional details: Vents, etc... are not included in the diagram. Tanks 1 & 2 are each 100L fresh water tanks located within the van, and the gray water tank is another 100L tank mounted below the van. The heater is a Truma Diesel heater which heats air in the van, but it also heats a 10L water tank within it. Water sources to fill campers typically are pressurized so there's no need to use a pump to fill them. However, I want to be able to draw water from sources like streams as well. By the way, I don't plan to drink any of this water -- it's just for washing and showering -- but instead plan on bottled water for drinking.

Reply to Campervan water system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock