Search the forum,

Discuss Calling you baxi men in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Gents , could any of them point me in the right direction on this please ,

pals just moved house and has inherited a 105 instant HE with a intermitant hot water problem , open hot tap , works sometimes, otherwise nothing . ( HTG ok )

I have never heard of an "instant" are they the usual diaphragm problem or flow-switch / turbine .

any help is appreciated , probably another "I will buy you a pint " jobs lol

It's got the same components as the he (diverter with diaphragm) it has a preheat store that's why it's instant

It's got the same components as the he (diverter with diaphragm) it has a preheat store that's why it's instant

No it hasn't ,totally different flow group layout townfanjon,it may look the same as a normal 105,but its actually a bag of crap,not reliable at all unlike its simpler sibling ,first check would be the dhw diapragm and flow group underneath it,when it dies see if there's continuity through the flow switch

No it hasn't ,totally different flow group layout townfanjon,it may look the same as a normal 105,but its actually a bag of crap,not reliable at all unlike its simpler sibling ,first check would be the dhw diapragm and flow group underneath it,when it dies see if there's continuity through the flow switch

Cheers , The HW is so on/off , I have gone slightly against the diaphram ,but will take one anyway. If the flowswitches are cheap I will fit one anyway .

on these you tend to find that the preheat section of the diverter sticks so the heat just goes around the storage side of the vessel. whip it out, clean and lubricate pin, usually sorts it

on these you tend to find that the preheat section of the diverter sticks so the heat just goes around the storage side of the vessel. whip it out, clean and lubricate pin, usually sorts it

Thanks for that pal , still haven't been , not had a minute hoping to get there tomorrow. I am picking up 2 diaphragms from my suppliers , they couldnt find a flow switch on their lists .

Thanks for that pal , still haven't been , not had a minute hoping to get there tomorrow. I am picking up 2 diaphragms from my suppliers , they couldnt find a flow switch on their lists .

Piece of cake fella passed you yesterday ignorant sod I beeped too

[DLMURL]http://www.euroboilerparts.co.uk/dv561-baxi-instant-105e-80e-performa-28i-248728-177-p.asp,fit[/DLMURL] compleate if it sqeuals with the hot on,larger section snaps internally,if you just need the switch
DV.220 Potterton Performa Baxi 248734

Having changed loads of these though i would by the complete valve,it is easy to test though push a thin screwdriver into the flowswitch ,should fire up

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, I wasnt 100 % on just the diaphram , just in the manual as we speak , it says drain the boiler , do you have to ?

Cheers, I wasnt 100 % on just the diaphram , just in the manual as we speak , it says drain the boiler , do you have to ?

if just the diaphragm then no,just isolate cold ,dont forget the tiny washers 2 required ,if changing the whole valve then yes and there is a procedure to it,remove the black motor and wedge down the spindle while you drain down,if you dont the storage water from the EV will stay in there,normal cause is water everywhere and a wet pcb,cover the pcb well BUT do not remove it if aged ,when you do the job take a hairdryer with you just incase

Many thanks again , I wouldnt dare remove it lol, draining the boilers hard enough anyway rightside panel wont come off because its in a cupboard , cony trap conection is rusty so I dont want to move that , ( but it looks like I may have to ) just to get to the drain off, I think its just going to have a diaphram lol

Isolate it all , use Prv to release water then slightly unscrew diaphragm so it cracks , excess water will release , job done

Use the prv to drain the boiler? They hardly ever re-seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calling you baxi men in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock