Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Calling solar thermal installer near lechlade in the Renewable Energy area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted808

Ted808 Plumber GSR

Hi there I have a friend who's 90!! and was world champoin sidecar racer , you may of heard of him -Stan . anyway he has a solar thermal system with no flo thro the solar circuit... can anyone recommend or do a glycol flush and drain and top up or whatever is required. I have a lot of time for this guy, he's still fit as a flea and if i'm half as spritey at 60 i'd be happy! Any advise welcome :smilewinkgrin:

2. Worcester

Worcester Plumber

It can easily take at least half a day to do if it's really goopy (glycol is supposed to be changed every 5 years) after that's done, then the fault finding begins.. so expect a day's labour costs plus the gycol which aint cheap.. plus parts.

It's about the limit of our range, though if he's not in a rush, we might be able to fit it in later this month,

else try here, enter postcode and check the solar thermal box

Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Installer Search (we are 34 miles from lechlade and #50 on th elist based on distance from lechlade :) ) (#1 based on quality :) :) )

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  3. dangreen

dangreen Guest

Is that Stan Dibben? Once saw a documentary on him on Youtube.