Discuss Calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How do you work out what size rad to fit for a given room and what factors to take into account?

the easy no frills answer go onto band q website and theres a calculator on there.

in laymans terms:

work out the u values and then heat losses for each wall, floor, ceiling, door, window. use these figures to calculate the amount of heat required to keep the room at the required temp. taking into account also outside temps, air changes, rooms purpose etc.... then the rad can be sized dependant on the heat source/delta t.

if you want to learn cals there are some good books that give you the u values for most building materials and guides you through the cals.

Last edited:
I use the free Myson calculator (go to web site & request a copy) does all the above as Mr Wheating suggests & also supplies the adjusted Rad output requirements to suit your design, not the standard delta 50 shown in all EN 442 rads & its easy to use with a bit of practise.

[DLMURL]https://www.cibseknowledgeportal.co.uk/component/dynamicdatabase/?layout=publication&revision_id=2293[/DLMURL]

get this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded a free app for my iPhone from Quinn radiators, it's really good and easy to use.

bugger it's been up-dated again!! only just got the last one, trouble is it is a must have.
If you do heating, you need this book!!!! IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Similar to radiator dT's, is there a way to mathematically calculate the UFH pipe centres required to satisfy a given room's heat demands...
Replies
Views
I was looking into a problem with flow rate in my bathroom. A bit confused with how flow rate, water pressure, pipe length, and difference in...
Replies
Views
I have a slightly undersized radiator in my living room. The calculation says 6315 btus and my rad is 6019 btus. It was a replacement radiator...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the...
Replies
Views
Hello want to know on how do you calculate size of expansion tank for closed heating systems . for example 500 meters of 16mm underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock