Discuss by passing a float switch in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, i am trying to by-pass the floating switch in a well water tank, in order to use the water directly from the well.
currently, i can only use water post tank unless i disconnect the float and have the tank overflow ! I remember there is a way to do this, Hurricane Irma destroyed the set- up and I can't remember how and what to put back together. I basically need to use the untreated well water before it gets in the tank ( and the softener ) HELP ! thanks a bunch.

Various ways, cut the float off the cable and connect cable to mechanical on/off switch or timer or tie up the float in the activated postion and run cables to the control switch/timer.

Various ways, cut the float off the cable and connect cable to mechanical on/off switch or timer or tie up the float in the activated postion and run cables to the control switch/timer.
Thank you, this implies a mechanical on/off switch, can you be more specific ? also it all needs to be automatic on account of a irrigation system that was just installed. The guys that did the installation could't figure out what to do about it. Thanks for your help 1

Thank you, this implies a mechanical on/off switch, can you be more specific ? also it all needs to be automatic on account of a irrigation system that was just installed. The guys that did the installation could't figure out what to do about it. Thanks for your help 1
Automatic as in a timer? Then wire in timer between supply and pump.

Thank you, this implies a mechanical on/off switch, can you be more specific ? also it all needs to be automatic on account of a irrigation system that was just installed. The guys that did the installation could't figure out what to do about it. Thanks for your help !
Again , thanks for your help.....I consider myself to be pretty handy at most things, but since i moved to Florida these water issues have been beating me silly ( I am on a well in rural land ) . The worst part of it is, i have hired "professionals" and for the most part have been given the run around ...maybe bad luck . Anyway, Forgetting the irrigation system, all I need to do is be able to use the water straight out the well vs the water treated by the water softener . I have a faucet from the well but its flow depends on wheter the tank is filling ( float switch ) or not . You mentioned a component, could you be more specific as to what it is i actually need ? Again thanks a bunch !

Again , thanks for your help...I consider myself to be pretty handy at most things, but since i moved to Florida these water issues have been beating me silly ( I am on a well in rural land ) . The worst part of it is, i have hired "professionals" and for the most part have been given the run around ...maybe bad luck . Anyway, Forgetting the irrigation system, all I need to do is be able to use the water straight out the well vs the water treated by the water softener . I have a faucet from the well but its flow depends on wheter the tank is filling ( float switch ) or not . You mentioned a component, could you be more specific as to what it is i actually need ? Again thanks a bunch !
You need a break tank between pump in well and water softner. Component? Either a full control panel, a timer or a manual switch none of which I can advise on from here, If you have the mechanical side done then try local electrican.

Reply to by passing a float switch in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back