Discuss burner pressures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Been lumped onto servicing which normally dont do so can someone clarify what burner pressures i should be getting please for 24 to 28 kw boilers.

Depends on boiler make and model. You need to refer to the data badge and check it accordingly.

sorry should have been bit more clearer, working on social housing lack of MI's as usual and have come across occasional appliance in past where data tag is a mess, what occurs in then?

I normally ring the manufacturers tech line and ask for the info. Flame pic will give you an indication, as will FGA readings, but Ideally you need to know what they should be in order to check them and adjust accordingly

would be right in thinking a gas rate be good indicator as well?

Yeah in theory, but if it has no data badge, how do you know the figure you get is actually what it should be? It's a pain when the data badge has been ripped off, I have a little netbook that I've loaded on several thousand manuals so I can get the info I need without having to ring manufacturers.

Yeah in theory, but if it has no data badge, how do you know the figure you get is actually what it should be? It's a pain when the data badge has been ripped off, I have a little netbook that I've loaded on several thousand manuals so I can get the info I need without having to ring manufacturers.

Yeah i do the same with a net book, i keep it in the bag that came with my kane analyser, and house my multimeter in their as well.

no data badge, no MI = NO SERVICE, unless you have absolute clear product knowledge, as you cannot confirm you have enough info to confirm appliance safety, a bit OTT i agree, but when the big bad man asks you why you thought you could do these checks on an appliance you do not know, you will be in soapy

if there is no data badge then how do you even know the basics like if the appliance is for natural gas/lpg? im with kirkgas.

Well if there is a gas meter with pipework leading from it to the boiler, I'm happy to assume its Natural gas. If the boiler case states "Joe Bloggs 24 cdi" for example, I will then ring the "joe Bloggs" tech line and confirm the appliance and ask for the burner pressures which I will then check and adjust accordingly. Simples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to burner pressures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Hi I moved into a property where the pressure is slightly low and they have this super duper shower but pressure is somewhat lacking. I have had...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I need someone to replace my boiler, I am thinking to get an Intergas HRE 24 SB. Our current boiler (and old Ideal) is in the kitchen, and we...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock