Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Builder has installed boiler. in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

Right what' the deal with this?

Builder has installed boiler in at that time was his own house.
    However he has now sold the house and the new owners now have an unregistered boiler.

Alarm bells rang when I noticed room stat in bathroom next to the cistern lol.

2. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

They must have had a crap Solicitor, they should have picked this up when requesting Certs for any building work or notifiable work from the Vendor.

How old is the boiler?

3. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Is it unsafe?

4. firemant

firemant Plumber GSR

What does it really matter?

If the punter is willing to pay, then offer to check for safety,and list/sort suggested remedials.

Presumably there are no warranty issues?

5. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

6. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I wouldn't worry about it.

7. firemant

firemant Plumber GSR

If she's worried, I would just advise her that a thorough (chargeable) examination is a good idea, minor issues maybe can be dealt with as you find and that you will advise on the nature, the cost of and the "urgency" of any "faults" that you find .

The only other issue is if she sells the house and the next solicitor asks for documents, but a "waiver" is not very expensive (or so I understand)

8. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Go over it with a fine tooth comb and quote to sort everything out to standards.

9. Vee

Vee Plumber GSR

It might him that's worried.:cool: