Discuss british gas energy trust in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
anyone know anything about this?i went and priced a job a few weeks ago for a very strange guy the flat was a complete mess and he had had the gas meter removed five years ago theres a full heating installed and he wanted a price for a new boiler as it waas all a bit strange i priced the job high now he has come back to me saying he has the grant and they have issued a cheque for the full amount can i start it but he hasnt the funds to pay the deposit
theres no way im starting with out the deposit but he is arguing thats tthe way it works

If he's got the cheque then who's it payable to?

Do you need to make a claim to someone?

No depo, no start - I agree

put the money into a trust or what ever they call it (solicitor will be able to help) once job complete solicitor will send you the funds

I had one of these and the cheque was made out to my business name so took it before i installed as they were happy to do that.

thats what ive said jules but he wil not pay up front

He cant cash it. So i suppose what you could do as a solution turn up on the day with the boiler ask for the cheque and install that way. Or take a risk that he will give you the cheque he will most likely do that as the cheque isnt in his name. But you never know i havent seen the bloke and i know when i get the heeby jeebys i walk away no matter what.

everything is screaming scam to me he claims to be an architect but is living in a dump and all this starts at 3pm on a friday so no way to speak to the trust his now threatening to get the cheque reisued to another contractor i hope he has found one willing to start with out a deposit
i suppose it will wind up back with BG in the end as they will have the confidence in payment

Steve I've done a few of these now. The cheque will be in your name so he can't cash it. It takes months normally to get a grant so it's very unlikely they'll re-issue in someone else's name without very good reason.

Jules' idea is a good one - turn up with the boiler but don't open the box till cheque is in your hand. Should only be a day job with it being boiler only? So he knows you can't cash it before job's finished..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to british gas energy trust in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock