Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas 330+ not hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello,

its 11 pm I/,ve been on me feet all day and i am bushed.

Anyhoo I just come back from a customer with a
Britsh Gas 330+ unventented system with a mssive hot water cyliner upstairs.
The customer was complaining of no hot water.
Boiler on ground floor, the expansion vessel with PRV and pressure guage next to it and upstairs was a big old water cyliner. Fat but not tall.
Q1 - I noticed that the pressure guage next to the PRV was at zero but when i fired up the boiler it worked fine, all rads including those upstairs worked great. but still not hot water any ideas why?
Q2 - The hot water did not look liek a traditional indirect cyliner in that I could not see the flow and return pipes from the primary circuit entering or leaving the cylinder. I saw a total of foiur pipes. One was the hot water feed to taps, the other was cold water feed to bottom of cylinder and then two coming out of the side. one of which was connected to a shower pump????? was i seeing things or does anyone hae any idea. prehaps this is a special design system that BG use??????
Q3- Upstaris next to the cylinder on a pipe was a big ole pump connected to a timer sickot of its own. The timer was a mechanical one with metal pins that were inserted intot eh number around the dial which controlled on oof of the pump. I turned it but nothing happened. ALthought the switched on the timer flicked from on to off the pump did not beign to roatate. What is this pump for?
Q4- The pressure dial next tot he PRv did not move at all when the boiler was on for heating which wored well. Is it possibe the guage is broken?? is there anyway to check with out drainign down. If not how can it be checked once drained down???

thanks guys.

Regards, as always

DD368

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure it wasn't a thermal store eg gledhill.
Most boilers don't have a low pressure switch these days. The 330 is a gloworm hxi but i never use them so don't know if it has or not but most likely not.
Did you try putting the pressure up. You would have known if the guage worked then. If you drain it the guage will not work:shocked3:

if the cylinder is the highest point it may be that theres not enough water in system to get there have you bleed it if no water fill it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas 330+ not hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock