Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan 1503 Thermostatic - water pouring out from cartridge in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have had a replacement cartridge sent through to me by Bristan for our 1503 shower unit. I tried installing it today using the instructions sent through to me, however upon fitting (correctly as far as I could tell!) the shower seemed to leak water via the front threaded bit. This leak persisted even once the whole front dial was installed.
I tried looking to see if I was missing any o-rings but couldn’t find any slots where additional o-rings could go. Upon further inspection I did however note that the new cartridge did have a tiny pinhole on the inside of the cartridge. (See image 2)
Not sure if the issue is caused by a defective replacement unit or a faulty installation. Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks very much.

Attachments

• 0FD127BE-4B08-4F87-BFC6-9FFF940A0D25.jpeg
    0FD127BE-4B08-4F87-BFC6-9FFF940A0D25.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 10
  • FED98DA0-5B46-4C84-AC1A-A563F730BFF0.jpeg
    FED98DA0-5B46-4C84-AC1A-A563F730BFF0.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 89BAC9CA-826F-44B8-AAA5-945009956A1E.jpeg
    89BAC9CA-826F-44B8-AAA5-945009956A1E.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Bristan 1503 Thermostatic - water pouring out from cartridge in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock