Search the forum,

Discuss Brilliant letter by 98 year old in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would vote her in to parliament ASAP.
Can see where she comes from. Cant beat them, join them in there game.

Cutting through the gumth,getting straight to the point,not beating around the bush and when wheat sorted form chaff ..... did plumber get paid !!!,if not, put the issuer in prison and lock away the key,98 or not,fed up of folk hiding behind the age,should have known better,at least it will be a short sentence ,to short for the sin of bouncing a check on a plumber, three nanoseconds (or naniseconds) or not !!!

Poor Banks get blamed for everything,was speaking to a bloke the other week who had his house nearly repossessed coz his payments were being credited to a wrong account,spent hours on the phone and writing letters to sort out,broke up his marriage and drove him to drink.All I can say is obviously he should have sent more letters and spent more time ringing the bank on premium rate numbers,easy to pass the buck.... as long as you are not passing through a bank as it will get lost,re directed or turn up with 25 cents missing to cover mismanagement charges.....ect :(

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
yes thats a good one though not new been on the net for a while

oldy but goody.

David Thorne
Subject: Overdue account

Dear David,
Our records indicate that your account is overdue by the amount of $233.95. If you have already made this payment please contact us within the next 7 days to confirm payment has been applied to your account and is no longer outstanding.
Yours sincerely, Jane Gilles

Date: Wednesday 8 Oct 2008 12.37pm
To: Jane Gilles
Subject: Re: Overdue account

Dear Jane,
I do not have any money so am sending you this drawing I did of a spider instead. I value the drawing at $233.95 so trust that this settles the matter.
Regards, David.
spider.jpg

Date: Thursday 9 Oct 2008 10.07am
To: David Thorne
Subject: Overdue account
Dear David,
Thankyou for contacting us. Unfortunately we are unable to accept drawings as payment and your account remains in arrears of $233.95. Please contact us within the next 7 days to confirm payment has been applied to your account and is no longer outstanding.

Date: Thursday 9 Oct 2008 10.32am
Subject: Re: Overdue account
Dear Jane,
Can I have my drawing of a spider back then please.
Regards, David.

Date: Thursday 9 Oct 2008 11.42am
Subject: Re: Re: Overdue account
Dear David,
You emailed the drawing to me. Do you want me to email it back to you?

Date: Thursday 9 Oct 2008 11.56am
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Overdue account
Dear Jane,
Yes please.
Regards, David.

Date: Thursday 9 Oct 2008 12.14pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Overdue account

Attached
spider.jpg

Date: Friday 10 Oct 2008 09.22am
Subject: Whose spider is that?

Dear Jane, Are you sure this drawing of a spider is the one I sent you? This spider only has seven legs and I do not feel I would have made such an elementary mistake when I drew it.
Regards, David.

Date: Friday 10 Oct 2008 11.03am
Subject: Re: Whose spider is that?
Dear David, Yes it is the same drawing. I copied and pasted it from the email you sent me on the 8th. David your account is still overdue by the amount of $233.95. Please make this payment as soon as possible.

Date: Friday 10 Oct 2008 11.05am
Subject: Automated Out of Office Response
Thankyou for contacting me. I am currently away on leave, traveling through time and will be returning last week.
Regards, David.

Date: Friday 10 Oct 2008 11.08am
Subject: Re: Re: Whose spider is that?
Hello, I am back and have read through your emails and accept that despite missing a leg, that drawing of a spider may indeed be the one I sent you. I realise with hindsight that it is possible you rejected the drawing of a spider due to this obvious limb ommission but did not point it out in an effort to avoid hurting my feelings. As such, I am sending you a revised drawing with the correct number of legs as full payment for any amount outstanding. I trust this will bring the matter to a conclusion.
Regards, David.
spider8.jpg

Date: Monday 13 Oct 2008 2.51pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Whose spider is that?
Dear David, As I have stated, we do not accept drawings in lei of money for accounts outstanding. We accept cheque, bank cheque, money order or cash. Please make a payment this week to avoid incurring any additional fees.

Date: Monday 13 Oct 2008 3.17pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whose spider is that?
I understand and will definately make a payment this week if I remember. As you have not accepted my second drawing as payment, please return the drawing to me as soon as possible. It was silly of me to assume I could provide you with something of completely no value whatsoever, waste your time and then attach such a large amount to it.
Regards, David.

Date: Tuesday 14 Oct 2008 11.18am
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whose spider is that?
Attached
spider8.jpg

nice one!

Strange I liked the first picture of the spider when I first saw it,then told and noticed it only have 7 legs and all of a sudden,thought rubbish spinder,there a deep meaning there somewere,not sure what/were though :confused::confused:

Here mate do you take a cheque....to which i reply...why? Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brilliant letter by 98 year old in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock