Discuss Bricking up old balanced flue holes. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

solutions

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What do you use when bricking up old flue holes? Especialy if you have to hang the new boiler over it. Any of you use quick setting mortar? If so which is best / least expensive? Do you match bricks and where do uou source yours?

Best endeavours. Try to match bricks as close as possible and stitch them in. But you don't see It happen very often, shameful.

Last edited:
Most quick setting morta has a 20-30 min window. So I guess if your fast it may work. It tends to dry a different colour tho.

Quick setting mortar inside with a couple of thermalite blocks then do something else why it sets then stich the external brickwork in at a later date with closet bricks available at buildbase

Ply wall then hang boiler. Whilst it's flushing from outside fit a Thermalite brick, then tooth out the old opening and rebuild. Get 95% of our bricks from local indi merchants. Normally take a photo of brickwork on survey.
Normal sand cement.

Ply wall then hang boiler. Whilst it's flushing from outside fit a Thermalite brick, then tooth out the old opening and rebuild. Get 95% of our bricks from local indi merchants. Normally take a photo of brickwork on survey.
Normal sand cement.

Does ply constitute non combustible surface or is it temporary?

We often fit a wall spacing jig and often drill a few off extra holes here and there.

Baxi and ideal and for that Most modern boilers can be mounted on fire lighters if you like

A complete numpty engineer once tried to ID a Vaillant I installed because it was mounted on 18mm ply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bricking up old balanced flue holes. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long story short, our boiler has been replaced with a combi and the loft and airing cupboard are now devoid of tanks and pipework, except...
Replies
Views
First of all I have to confess I am not a plumber so please bear with me! I have a Daryl enclosed shower in an ensuite bathroom. It was already...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock