Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss brass drain cock washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gates1979

Can you get new rubber washers for drain off cocks i had to drain my cylinder as the cold inlet was leaking. i have tightened the drain cock as much as i can but its still weeping so i drained the cylinder again and stripped the drain valve and the washer had perished and all the washers i had for taps were too big. I managed to fit one washer with a bit of filing around the edge of the washer so it was the right size and its done the trick just so i could get the water back on but would like to do it properly just for peace of mind

I did think of that tom but i didnt fancy getting the old one out i dont want to end up cracking the cylinder and forking out for that if i could just get a new washer. is it possible to buy another drain cock and take the inners out of that or will the threads be different

why not get a new drain valve and swap the screw in bits over.
oops didn't read your post lol. if the threads are the same you won't have a problem.

You can take a washer only out of another drain cock I've done that loads of times.

yeah you can get washers or as said just swap washer out of a new one.

Just cut a tap washer down to size or cut a piece of insertion cloth.

Do you reckon I would use the wee scissors...maybe I should buy better blades lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to brass drain cock washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock